Hot on the heels of our comments about the characteristics of the various coastlines of southern France, here is a photo of the most popular seasort resort in France – Nice.
Nice is also a great place to visit, with both easy access to the sunny Mediterranean, and plenty to amuse you in the town when you can’t bear the sea any longer…
…some of the highlights of Nice include:
- the little cottages behind the harbour – once little storage sheds they are now glamorous boutiques and restaurants
- the Promenade des Anglais, a long established walk along the seafront
- the market on Cours Saleya, just behind the Promenade des Anglais
- the cathedral and pedestrianised squares in the older part of the town
- the sophisticated Cimiez region to the north of Nice
- the impressive Matisse museum
and much more besides.
The downside, as you see from the picture, is that the seafront itself – especially in central Nice, can become just a teensy bit crowded and it might not always be easy for your children to run around as much as they might like on the beach…